Wall Street Research Expert on Pension Plans
Mark Johnson, PhD., JD, serves as a Council Member consultant to the Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc., also known as GLG Research. He is ranked as a “GLG Scholar,” reflecting his performance in the top 20% of all GLC Council Members.
As a Council Member, Dr. Johnson consults with asset managers, corporations, investment banks, law firms, private equity and venture capital firms, as well as non-profit entities.
Pension-related topics that Dr. Johnson is able to address include:
- Bankruptcy proceedings and pension plans
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Early retirement bridge programs
- EEOC, NLRB and the National Mediation Board proceedings
- ERISA appeals and litigation
- Multi-employer pension plans
- Multiple employer pension plans
- Pension implications for mergers, acquisitions and spinoffs
- Pension, 401(k) and group life and health program creation
- Unfunded pension liabilities (municipal plans, teacher pensions, etc.)
- Union negotiations regarding group life and health, disability, pension and 401(k) plans
- Voluntary severance plans
- Defense industry pensions
Dr. Johnson periodically participates in GLG teleconferences on pressing pension matters. When American Airlines filed for bankruptcy protection in late 2011, it launched a strategic reorganization that contemplated the prospect of asset sales and pension abandonment. Dr. Johnson served as a panel member on a GLG teleconference to address the many complex issues associated with the American Airlines bankruptcy.
Click on the link to view Dr. Mark Johnson’s profile on Gerson Lehrman Group.
Contact Retiree Medical Expert Dr. Mark Johnson
You can reach Dr. Johnson via email or by phone at 817-909-0778. He is available to confidentially discuss an ERISA or retiree medical matter.
Click on the link to read about his representative ERISA cases.