ERISA Expert Witness: Pensions, 401(k), Fiduciary Liability, Benefits, Unions
Mark Johnson, J.D., Ph.D. is a uniquely qualified expert witness in the areas of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), pensions, health plans, 401(k) plans, retiree medical, fiduciary liability and labor relations.
Dr. Johnson's work as an expert or fact witness includes these type of cases:
- 401(k) fiduciary liability, (class action)
- Cash balance conversion (class action)
- Company stock drop
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOP)
- FINRA arbitration
- Group life & health plan benefits
- Health plan reimbursement levels (class action)
- Labor union pensions
- Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits
- Pension benefits in bankruptcy
- Pension or 401(k) plan expenses
- Retiree medical plans
- Severance benefits
- Survivor benefits
- Third party administrator disputes
Dr. Johnson brings practical, real-world experience to all expert assignments. Prior to founding ERISA Benefits Consulting, Dr. Johnson served as:
- Managing Director, Benefits Compliance & Pensions, American Airlines
- Attorney, Southwestern Bell Corporation
- Associate Professor of Communication, Texas Wesleyan University
- Assistant Professor of Communication, University of Houston
He managed $14 billion in pension assets for over 100,000 plan participants and had responsibility for group life & health plans with over 300,000 covered lives during his tenure at American Airlines. Dr. Johnson has negotiated union contracts for group life, health, disability, pension and 401(k) plans. He is a frequent speaker on ERISA topics.
Dr. Johnson holds the following degrees:
- J.D., University of Houston
- Ph.D., Communication Studies, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- M.A., Mass Communication, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.A., History, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dr. Johnson teaches continuing education courses for the Texas Department of Insurance. He has taught at Tarrant County College as an Adjunct Professor of Business Communication.
Contact ERISA Expert Dr. Mark Johnson
You can reach Dr. Johnson via email or by phone at 817-909-0778. He is available to confidentially discuss a benefits matter.
Click on the link to read about his representative ERISA cases.